22 Aug 2024

Book Review / The Exchange by John Grisham


 

What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere after they exposed the crimes of Memphis law firm Bendini, Lambert & Locke and fled the country? The answer is in The Exchange, the riveting sequel to The Firm, the blockbuster thriller that launched the career of America’s favorite storyteller. It is now fifteen years later, and Mitch and Abby are living in Manhattan, where Mitch is a partner at the largest law firm in the world. When a mentor in Rome asks him for a favor that will take him far from home, Mitch finds himself at the center of a sinister plot that has worldwide implications—and once again endangers his colleagues, friends, and family. Mitch has become a master at staying one step ahead of his adversaries, but this time there’s nowhere to hide.


Published:  17th October 2023 
Publisher:  Hodder and Stoughton
Goodreads : Click Here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 2, The Firm
Source:  Bought
Genres:     Thriller, Mystery, Legal Thriller and Suspense
Pages:  352 pages, Hardcover 



MY REVIEW


What I loved about this story...  John Grisham is a firm favourite author of mine and has been right from when I started to read in my teens (admittedly it is a while ago now lol!).  I was so excited to hear that there was going to be a follow on to The Firm as its a story that I really enjoyed back in the day (and the movie's not bad too!).  I was concerned that the 'tone' of the story would be similar to that of The Firm but happily its not.  The Firm is one of those novels that, for me, when I read it back in the day it was amazing but reading it in present day the views in that novel (especially against women) are not the best in my opinion.   I could not put this down and read it in one sitting (which is a common theme of mine when a book is that good!).  If I had to choose one thing that I loved the most it would be the suspense.  It hooked me in and held me right until the very last page.  I love that about this author's writing.  Gets me every time!

Would I recommend...  Absolutely!  Although I would recommend reading The Firm first you can just pick this up and read it as a stand alone also.  







No comments: