27 Feb 2017

,

Book Review / My Sister's Bones by Nuala Ellwood

ARE YOU BRAVE ENOUGH TO GO BACK?

Kate Rafter is a successful war reporter. She's the strong one. The one who escaped Herne Bay and the memories it holds. Her sister Sally didn't. Instead, she drinks.

But when their mother dies, Kate is forced to return to the old family home. And on her first night she is woken by a terrifying scream.

What secret has Kate stumbled upon?
And is she strong enough to uncover the truth . . . and make it out alive?










Published:     9th February 2017
Publisher:  Penguin
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher



MY REVIEW

What I liked about this story...  After passing the hurdle mentioned below I did really enjoy this book.   I hadn't before read a book about someone suffering from PTSD so this was an interesting read for me.  After I understood a bit more about this the story made more sense to me.  At first I thought everything was a bit confusing but then understood that this was how it was meant to be because of what the main character was going through and what secret she has to uncover.   What I also liked about the book was the pace.  At the beginning it was very slow (maybe a bit too slow but looking back after finishing the story I understand why the story has to be slow) and when you get to the middle of the book and nearer the end it picks up rapidly until the end.  It took me a while to get through the first part of the book but by the time we come to the middle I fastened up with the pace. 


What I didn't like about this story...  Honestly, this book too me ages to read.  It was very confusing at the beginning with a lot of things happening, coming from different directions.  Looking back after having finished the book, I know now that this is what it was meant to be.  It took me a while to get into the story and really understand and appreciate what I was reading. 





0 comments: