1 Mar 2017

,

Book Review / It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover

SOMETIMES THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU IS THE ONE WHO HURTS YOU THE MOST

Lily hasn't always had it easy, but that's never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She's come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up - she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily's life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, and maybe even a little arrogant. He's also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily, but Ryle's complete aversion to relationships is disturbing.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan - her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

With this bold and deeply personal novel, Colleen Hoover delivers a heart-wrenching story that breaks exciting new ground for her as a writer. It Ends With Us is an unforgettable tale of love that comes at the ultimate price.

This book contains graphic scenes and very sensitive subject matter.

 
Published:     2nd August 2016
Publisher:  Atrica Books
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Owned



MY REVIEW

What I loved about this book...  I have read a couple of books by this author before and really enjoyed them so I decided to try out this one.  Instead of reading the description or watching a review, I decided to go into this blind, as an experiment to see where the story takes me.  The title of this book intrigued me, it could mean any number of things.  I think part of the not knowing what this was all about was the part that I enjoyed the most and would highly recommend going into this book blind if you haven't read it yet.  You have these two characters who meet and you know they like each other a lot from that first moment.  It took until quite a way into the book until we discovered what this story was all about and I have to say that I was surprised but kind of suspected that it could be a possibility.  A very interesting and uncomfortable subject to read about.  I have to say that I am now more determined than every to read everything Colleen Hoover has written, I like her writing style.  I think I may even attempt the going into books blind more often, I found it really fun!

What I didn't like about this book...   There wasn't anything in particular that I can pinpoint and say that I didn't like this part or that part.  For me, this book wasn't one of those that I was like 'Wow, that was amazing' by the time I got to the end but more 'that was really good, i'm glad I read it'.  That said, I would definitely re-read this at some point later.  I wonder what it will be like reading it the second time when I know all about the story.  I wonder whether it will be as good.  I'll have to find out, at some point.


0 comments: