1 Feb 2017

,

Book Review / Remember Me by Christopher Pike



Shari Cooper hadn't planned on dying, but four floors is a long way to fall. Her friends say she fell but Shari knew she had been murdered. 

Making a vow to herself to find her killer, Shari spies on her friends, and even enters their dreams. She also comes face-to-face with a nightmare from beyond the grave. 

The Shadow - a thing more horrible than death itself - is the key to Shari's death, and the only thing that can stop her murderer from murdering again








Published:     6th July 2010
Publisher:  Simon Pulse
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 1, Remember Me
Source:  Owned Copy




MY REVIEW

This book has been on my shelf for years. I keep meaning to pick it up but always get distracted by one thing or another so I thought it was about time I picked this up.  The first book in this trilogy, Remember Me, was really good.   Despite the fact that I thought the pace was really slow, I did enjoy following Shari as she discovers what has happened to her and what is happening to her after her death.  I was so excited to pick up the second book.

However, all good things must come to an end.  Having started the second book I found that I could not get into it.  It didn't seem to have the same pace and theme of the first book and to be honest I found the story a bit confusing.  It was at about the 50 page mark that I decided not to continue with this series.  The direction this trilogy was going I just was not interested in.  

Given the chance to read this trilogy again for the first time, I would still read the first book but would leave it there, reading it as a stand-alone. 


 

0 comments: