20 Nov 2012

Book Review: The Secret Circle:The Divide by Aubrey Clark



THE BELOW IS THE BLURB FROM THE FIRST BOOK IN THE SERIES, FOR MORE INFO ON THIS BOOK PLEASE CHECK OUT THE GOODREADS LINK BELOW


THE CIRCLE'S POWER HAS LURED HER HOME...

Forced to move from sunny California to gloomy New England, Cassie longs for her old life. Even so, she feels a strange kinship to a terrifying group of teens who seem to rule her school. Initiated into the coven of witched that's controlled New Salem for hundreds of years, she's drawn into the Secret Circle, a thrill that's both intoxicating and deadly. But when she falls for the mysterious and intriguing Adam, Cassie must choose whether to resist temptation or risk dark forces to get what she wants - even if it means that one wrong move could ultimately destroy her


Released:   6th September 2012
Publisher:  Hodder
Goodreads Link:  Click here

My Review    6 out of 10

I was very intrigued when I heard that a new Secret Circle book was going to be realease, albeit a little disappointed that it was not going to be written by LJ SMith but I was definately intrigued enough to want to try this out and see where the new author takes the Secret Circle.  When I first started reading I did worry and think that I would not remember much of what happened before because it has been quite a while since I read the first three books in this series but I have to say that Aubrey has done an excellent job at playing catch up in the first few chapters.  

Of course, there is a lot in this book I won't talk about here as this is a part of a series, but I have to admit that I really did enjoy this story, I liked how the different characters had new problems to solve and possible enemies to face.   The only part of this book that I particularly did not enjoy as much was the character interations with each other, they were constantly saying one thing and doing another and sometimes it seemed just for the sake of  being mean or selfish.  

The ending was not a complete surprise to me, I had figured it out earlier on in the book but, all in all, this was an enjoyable book and I definatley will be picking up the next book to see what happens next. 

Best wishes

Debs

0 comments: