2 Nov 2012

Author Interview: Sara Fitzgerald


    Devan can't help but blame God for his wife's death, so the last thing he wants to do this holiday season is celebrate. But when his daughter, Savanna, makes a special Christmas wish, their little family will never be the same. Filled with faith and tenderness, this heartwarming story is sure to remind you of the real power behind the magic of Christmas.

    GOODREADS LINK - Click here

      
    1. If you could work with any other author, who would it be and why? I would love to work with Debbie Macomber because she writes heartwarming Christmas stories that touch readers’ hearts.

    2. What would be a typical working day for you? When and where do you write? 
My writing schedule is never set in stone. I have a six-year-old daughter who takes up most of my time and a thriving AVON business. But I do try to squeeze in writing time each day. Sometimes it is in the morning while my daughter is in school or after she goes to bed at night.

3. What is the hardest part of the writing for you?
The hardest part for me is finding time to do it. Also marketing is hard for me. I am blessed to be published by Cedar Fort. The company and employees are extremely supportive of their authors, and do everything they can to help us promote and sell our books.
 
4. When and why did you first start writing? I started writing as a child.  I was extremely shy and writing was a way to express myself.

5. How did you come up with the idea for the book your book? To be honest, I am not sure. It just came to me.

6. Are you a big reader? If so, what are you reading now? I do love to read. I am not currently reading any book right now. But I do have a stake of Debbie Macomber Christmas books to start reading next month. Reading her books each holiday season is one of my favorite ways to celebrate Christmas.

7. Do you have any advice for other aspiring writers? Write because you love it. Make friends with other supportive writers. Join writers’ groups and attend monthly meetings and conferences. Never give up. I have heard of so many twenty years overnight success stories these last few months. Also so many authors said it wasn’t their first manuscript that got published, but their sixth or tenth. If you want to be a writer, then write it is as simple as that.

0 comments: