1 Nov 2012

Author Interview: Melissa Andrea

Sara
Sara's life is forever changed -
Waking up, buried & hidden deeply in the last place anyone would want to be, will do that. She is determined to find out how she ended up there & why, but when the only person who can help her, continuously lies to her, she finds herself forced to suffer alone. She can't ignore the strange things that begin to happen to her nor can she hide from the nightmares that haunt her sleep. And when her world collides with Adan - the mysterious boy whom she can't seem to stay away from, literally - she is consumed by the flutter that sparks whenever he is around and she is desperate to discover the reason why.
But the biggest discovery will come from the secret of what she is…

Adan
Adan’s mission to find Sara has finally begun -
It seemed simple: bring her back to the enchanted world that lives, breathes and survives because of her, but he quickly finds himself faced with an entirely new challenge. Immediately, Adan realizes that staying unknown to Sara is a task he will fail before he even begins; the pull to her is far too strong to refuse, and being with her will defy the very reason he existed. He was the key to her survival and loving her was not part of the path that he had been born to follow. Can he find it in himself too resist the urge to be with her and follow through with their destiny or will he destroy everything that had been left to Sara to protect and defend -
And the kingdom she is unaware she rules…

Flutter
As Sara and Adan struggle to overcome their own separate battles -
There is a far more determined evil that is stalking the shadows and waiting to annihilate them both.
Sara will figure out that not everything is what it seems and knowing what she can and can not trust will be the key to finding out the truth of what happened to her, the reason why she was buried alive and who she really is…

Sara and Adan will discover why she was the reason he existed and why he would be the reason she survived & together they will fight to change the rules and rewrite their fate.
Discover the Meaning,
Discover the Secret,
Discover

GOODREADS LINK - CLICK HERE

Melissa Andrea
I find it hard to sum up my life in a paragraph, but I’ll try.
Reading has always been a passion for me, and writing as instinctive as breathing. Every inhale is an idea; every exhale a creation. Flutter will be my debut release, and I couldn’t be more excited about it! The only thing I do better than writing you ask? Making beautiful girls. My daughter’s will always be my greatest accomplishment.
I was born in Denver, Colorado –but I will always think of sunny Arizona as my home. I don’t have a big family, but I’m close with my sister, brother & my mom. My mom is my hero, my inspiration, and I couldn’t have asked for a more amazing person to be raised by.
4 things you should know about me: I’m very girly, but I can get down and dirty with the best of them. I adore the color pink, I love things that sparkle (including vampires) and I like even numbers (hence 4 things about me, not 5)

1. If you could work with any other author, who would it be and why?
I would have to say Sandra Brown. She does romance novels and I absolutely love her work! It would truly be an honor!

2. What would be a typical working day for you? When and where do you write?
I don’t get to write until after everyone goes to bed haha. My writing hours are between 8pm-3, sometimes, 4 in the morning. It’s when I get most of my writing done. Then I am up at 6 to take my daughter to school. I get another hour or two of sleep before Kate is up and wants to nurse. I try to get some writing done during her naps, but unfortunately, it’s not a lot!

3. What is the hardest part of the writing for you?
Finding time to write haha! & during crunch time of a book! It’s absolutely chaos for my family, but they love and support me. Even when laundry is in piles instead of folded and put away!

4.
When and why did you first start writing?
I wrote my first story in High School. It was a children’s story and it was for a contest, which I won! Why did I start writing?? I think I got it from my mom. She used to tell us stories, which she would make up before we went to bed. I think it kind of stuck with me.

5. How did you come up with the idea for the book your book?
I actually thought of the idea on a car ride home from the store haha. Nothing fancy, no confetti or fireworks, but I will always remember that car ride home… *insert soft sigh, dreamy look off into space and cheesy smile here*

6. Are you a big reader? If so, what are you reading now?
I am! Reading has always big an addiction of mine! It started out with romance novels, but I am not a big fan of YA Paranormal/Fantasy. Right now I am waiting to finish three books: In My Dream’s by the lovely Cameo Renae, Touching Smoke by Airicka Phoenix, & Sovereign Hope by Frankie Rose.

7. Do you have any advice for other aspiring writers?
Favorite question and I will have the same answer every time! Always believe in yourself! Don't be your own worst enemy! It's very easy to psych yourself out. So step back, read a book, eat some ice cream, watch a movie - do anything to relax your mind & then try again. Don't give yourself limitations, writers know no such thing.


Don't forget to join the online release party for Flutter! The link below will lead to the part-ay!
There will be games, prizes and more!
It will be hosted by 3 AMAZING women!!
Krystal, Amber & Kristina! Hope to see you there!



0 comments: