25 Nov 2012

Book Review: One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern

Journalist Kitty Logan's career is being destroyed by scandal. Simultaneously, she faces the death of her mentor and friend of ten years, Constance, who has guided and taught her everything she knew. 

All Kitty is left with is a file in Constance's office: a list of one hundred names. There is no synopsis, no explanation, nothing else to explain who these people are. 

The story Constance planned to write is simply a mystery. Kitty sets out not only to track down the people on Constance's list, but to find out what connects them. And, in the process of hearing ordinary people's stories, she starts to understand her own..


Released:  11th October 2012
Publisher:  Harper Collins
Goodreads Link:  Click here 

My Review     10 out of 10

First off, I have to admit that I am a CeceliaAhern-a-holic.  I absolutely adore her books and get so excited when I hear of a new book of hers coming out and with this one I was no different.  There's something about Cecelia's books that always surprise me.  I never guess what is happening until near the very end, which always keeps me hooked all the way through.  

Kitty is a character that appeared to me to have lost her way in the world of journalism.  We see  her at the start having a very bad time where she makes a wrong assumption, which leads to someone being accused of something they did not to and that backfires back onto Kitty.  She is also losing her best friend, Constance, who has cancer and is in the hospital.  Constance is the one person who I believe understood Kitty like no one else.   

Now, onto the one hundred names story.   This is one of the things that I really enjoyed about this book was following Kitty's journey in trying to figuring out what Constance's story is about, following her as she meets all these new and interesting people and seeing what a difference these people make on Kitty. 

This was an amazing read from a wonderful author.  The ending was a complete surprise to me, as always with a Cecelia Ahern book, and this was a book that even after I put it down I was still thinking about it.

Amazing read that I would highly recommend. 

Best wishes

Debs:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cecelia Ahern is an author who I have heard wonderful things about, yet, I have not read a book of hers myself. She has many of them, and I suppose I just don't know where to start. This looks like a good place to begin. Thank you for the wonderful review.

Tina said...

I have had this on my wish list for ages. I finally got it last month with my kindle voucher. To be honest I had forgotten what the book was about before I read this review. I started it last night but I am not very far into it.