29 Jul 2010

, , , , , , , , ,

Waterstones Book Haul

Hey!  So, in little over two weeks time I will be moving house.  At the moment, I am living in a one bedroom flat but soon I will be in a small two bedroom house and I can't wait!  Deposit has been paid and, thankfully, it cost less than I had budgeted for so me and Geoffrey went out today to do a little shopping.  Geoffrey bought some models of cars that he wanted and I, of course, bought some books.  I went to two places; firstly I went to Waterstones and then went to a bunch of charity/thrift shops...




Here are the books that I bought.  At Waterstones at the moment they are doing a great offer of 3 for 2 on all paperbacks.....  LOVE IT!!!

There is one erroneous book in there which is Inside My Heart: Choosing to Live with Passion and Purpose by Robin McGraw, which was one that I saw for £4 (about $6) on Amazon and I could not resist!

The other books I bought were:

Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage by Elizabeth Gilbert (I have her first book Eat Pray Love and I have a weird thing where if there is a series of books, I cannot start reading them until I have all of them ready...

The Children's Book (Vintage International) by A S Byatt.  This book looked truly magical.  I hope it lives up to the expectation!

The Associate: A Novel by John Grisham.  Despite being a fan of John Grisham I have not read a lot of his books and one of my aims for this year is to read more of his...

Leaving the World: A Novel by Douglas Kennedy.  This one just grabbed me by the cover and once I read the back I knew I had to have this book...!!

Girl Friday by Jane Green.  I have a few books written by Jane Green that I had bought from a charity shop a little while back and thought it would be a nice idea that I had a few waiting to be read and then read them one after the other, keeping the 'feeling of the writing' for the author going throughout....  From reading the blurb, her books sound so funny!

What Should I Do with My Life?: The True Story of People Who Answered the Ultimate Question by P O Bronson.  I love watching real live dramas about people who turn their lives upside down and survive...  This book sounds amazing and, hopefully, is going to be inspirational...

A Special Relationship: A Novel by Douglas Kennedy.  I had already picked up 'Leaving the World', mentioned above, and was reading the other books that he had wrote (not having heard from him before) and this one sounds beautiful...

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty.  This book I had wanted to for a while but never bought it as I did not want to buy it at full price.....  The link here is to the UK Amazon as I could not find a link to the US Amazon for this one....

Chicken Soup for the Soul.  This book is a classic.  I remember reading this when I was younger and I am not sure what I done with the copy I had.

I can't wait to read them all now!

0 comments: