11 Jul 2010

Book Haul - Charity/Thrift Shops

I am a little delayed in getting this post to you as the weather here in England, for a change, is really sunny and hot with the added bonus of no cool wind...   All I have been able to muster the energy to do is read after going to work and the usual day to day things.....  Luckily, today is a lot cooler and there is a breeze...  Finally, I can move again!!!  Yesterday was one of those hot muggy days ugh!  It was one of those hot days that if you stepped about a cm away from a fan or a shop with air conditioning you would be cooking yourself..... 

Anyway, I'm babbling!  Last weekend me and my partner Geoffrey went shopping.  Geoffrey bought his usual XBox game and I wanted books.  Always one for a bargain, I decided to go into every charity shop (thrift store) in the town where I live and see what I could get...  Well...  the first shop I went into was the Salvation Army.  In there they were selling books for 50p each.  Yes, that's right... 50p each (I think that is $0.76 in dollars, sorry I do not know what the conversion is for other currencies)...  I came away from that shop with 14 books which only cost me £7 (I think that is about $10)...  I also went in The British Heart Foundation, Oxfam and a couple of others that I cannot remember.  All in all I bought LOADS!!!  I am going to pop a list of the books below this blog...  It is going to be a while before I read all of them but certainly when I have read them I will do a review..... 

I was so happy!!!  I was even more happier when, after I had got back home, remembered that I had placed an order with Amazon for a few books that would be delivered during the week... (I have done a seperate post on what I have got with that one......

Here are some pictures and links for the books that I got -



Then We Came to the End: A Novel
The Secret of Crickley Hall
The Faraday Girls: A Novel (Ballantine Reader's Circle)
The Sixth LamentationThe Book of Fathers
Shopaholic Abroad
My Booky Wook
Missing
Season of the Witch
Late Night Shopping
The Chocolate Run
Born Bad: A Novel
Petals on the Wind (Dollanger Saga)
Smoke Jumper
Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger)
Wuthering Heights (Collector's Library)
Collection 1: Mother's Helper, Invitation, Beach Party No.1 (Point Horror Collections)
The Midnight Club
Best of Friends
On the Road to Mr. Right
Land of the Living
The Beach House: A Novel
Second Chance
Jemima J: A Novel About Ugly Ducklings and Swans
Swapping Lives
Bookends: A Novel
Bella Tuscany: The Sweet Life in Italy
Nights of Rain and Stars
This Year It Will Be Different
Whitethorn Woods
Quentins
The Twelfth Card (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel)

I'm suddenly feeling very overwhelmed with books.  Not sure why?!?!?!?!?

I'd better get reading! lol

0 comments: