10 Jul 2010

PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

PS, I Love You Movie Tie-In Edition

'Some people wait their whole lives to find their soul mates. But not Holly and Gerry. Childhood sweethearts, they could finish each other's sentences. No one could imagine Holly and Gerry without each other. Gerry's death devastates Holly. But as her 30th birthday looms, Gerry comes back to her. He's left her a bundle of notes, one for each of the months after his death, guiding Holly into her new life without him, each note signed 'PS, I Love You'. As the notes are opened, the man who knows Holly better than anyone teaches her that life goes on. With some help from her friends and her family, Holly finds herself laughing, crying -- and being braver than ever before. Life is for living, she realises -- but it always helps if there's an angel watching over you.'

This was another one of Cecelia Ahern's books that I loved.  Although it is sad that Gerry died but the way he had planned to show Holly how much he loved her after he died was so moving.  I am glad that I read the book first before the movie as there are differences in the story.  I would have to say that, for me, the book was better than the movie.  Don't get me wrong, the movie was very good but I felt that it had lost some of the romance that was built up in the book and my personal taste is the more romance the better....  I'm a romantic at heart....

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes romantic fiction, although I would say that it is sad in places....

10 out of 10

 

0 comments: