4 Jul 2010

Freaky Friday by Mary Rodgers


'Annabel Andrews is tired of her mother telling her on what to do. She's tired of being told to do her homework, clean up her room, and be nice to her little brother, Ape Face. If she were an adult, she could do anything she wanted, like watch TV all day and eat marshmallows for breakfast.

One Friday morning, Annabel's wish comes true when she wakes up and realizes she's turned into her mother! But after a major washing machine mishap, losing Ape Face, and a terrible teacher conference, Annabel starts to suspect that being an adult is not as much fun as it seems.

One thing's for certain -- this is one freaky Friday she'll never forget!'


This is a book that I first read when I was in Middle School (when I was about 10 year old...) and this has to be the oldest book in my book collection... I have had it since I was about 10 but it was published in 1972 so it is well worn.

A really funny book that I would definitely recommend to all those who like a good giggle... I have watched both the movie with Jodie Foster in it and the movie with Jamie Lynn Curtis in it which were both brilliant although my favourite by far is the newer movie...

10 out of 10


0 comments: