5 Aug 2021

,

Book Review / The Time of my Life by Cecelia Ahern

Lucy Silchester has an appointment with her life – and she’s going to have to keep it.

Lying on Lucy Silchester’s carpet one day when she returns from work is a gold envelope. Inside is an invitation – to a meeting with Life. Her life. It turns out she's been ignoring it and it needs to meet with her face to face.

It sounds peculiar, but Lucy’s read about this in a magazine. Anyway, she can’t make the date: she’s much too busy despising her job, skipping out on her friends and avoiding her family.

But Lucy’s life isn’t what it seems. Some of the choices she’s made – and stories she’s told – aren’t what they seem either. From the moment she meets the man who introduces himself as her life, her stubborn half-truths are going to be revealed in all their glory – unless Lucy learns to tell the truth about what really matters to her.

 

 

Published:     13th October 2011
Publisher:  HarperCollins
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source: Bought

 


MY REVIEW

What I like the most about picking up a Cecelia Ahern book is things are not always what they seem.  You may get one or two (or maybe more) characters that are portrayed as one thing but are really meant to be another.   I really enjoy that element of trying to figure out what is going on.

With this novel, I do have to admit that I did figure it out quite early on what was going on but that didn't stop me enjoying the ride this story too me.  In fact, I think that was the point of the story, to figure out what was going on early on and watch as Lucy deals with this new situation she is in.

What I enjoyed the most was following Lucy's journey throughout the story.  In the start we really see her as a mess and as the story goes along we see her change.  For me, the plot of the story was ok but the characterisation and journey of the main character made this an enjoyable read for me.  



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0 comments: