30 Jan 2018

,

My Readathon Experience / Winter Biannual Bibliothan 2018

As one of my goals this year is to read 150 books (50 more than what I usually do) I thought a good idea to read more would be to take part in readathons (for those who do not know, a readathon is a specific period of time set by a host who either sets tasks or themes of which books to read in that specific time period).  I have only taken part in one readathon in my entire life, which I did enjoy, but because I work a 9-5 Monday to Friday job taking part in a readathon is challenging for me to take part in but I thought I would give it a go.  Here's how I got on:

The Biannual Bibliothon is hosted in the YouTube Link below:



READING CHALLENGES

  1. Read the Group Book - Otherworld by Jason Segal and Kirsten Miller.
  2. Read a Sequel.
  3. Read a book you have not heard of before.
  4. Read a Mental Illness Book.
  5. Read a book found in other media. 
  6. Read a book under 200 pages. 
  7. Read a backlist title.
WHAT I CHOSE



HOW I GOT ON

I decided to double up on some of the questions, as I knew I would not have a great deal of time during the week to have a separate book for each question. 
  1. Otherworlds was the group book, pre-selected.  I loved this book and CANNOT wait until I get my hands on the next one in this trilogy/series.  You can find my review here - Click here.
  2. I am currently in the middle of re-reading one of my childhood favourite book series, The Babysitters Club, so why not pick up the next one to continue on?!  I have not yet posted a review of this but am planning to do this once I had read all the books in this special series.  I am really enjoying diving back into this series again.
  3. I had not heard of Otherworlds before so chose this one for this task.  
  4. For this one I chose Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon.  I am not going to go into why I chose this book because of spoilers but you can find my review here - Click here.
  5. This was an interesting challenge.  For this one, I had to actually go and look and try and find something.  One thing I did know for sure was that I wanted to read a classic.  I found Catcher in the Rye which is featured in probably more than the reason I picked it but it was featured in the movie Conspiracy Theory featuring Mel Gibson (love that movie).  I am glad I chose this, I found the story to be intriguing.  You can find my review here - Click here. 
  6. I really wanted to carry on with reading the Babysitters Club series and the next one in the series was 209 pages long, so I counted that for this one.   Again, no review up yet but will be once I have finished reading the specials series.  
  7. This was another doubling up situation.  For this I choice to include Everything Everything simply because it was a backlist title (published in 2015)  
I really enjoyed this readathon and will most definitely be planning to take part in more throughout the year. 






0 comments: