28 Jan 2018

,

Book Review / Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon


My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.







Published:     1st September 2015
Publisher:  Delacorte
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Library




MY REVIEW

 What I liked about this story...  This is a re-read for me.  The first time I read this book I really didn't like it a great deal, particularly because of the twist in the story, which I won't go into here because I don't want to spoil the story for you.  This time, however, since I already knew what the story was all about, there were things that I noticed this time that I hadn't before.  For me, the best part of this story was the romance and friendship.  Although at the beginning it was a a bit 'insta-love' like, when you got past that I enjoyed following their story. 


What I didn't like about this story...  Basically, there is a certain character in this story that I really don't like very much at all and won't go into too much detail because of spoilers. 









0 comments: