25 Jul 2013

Book Review / Transcendence by CJ Omololu



When a visit to the Tower of London triggers an overwhelmingly real vision of a beheading that occurred centuries before, Cole Ryan fears she is losing her mind. A mysterious boy, Griffon Hall, comes to her aid, but the intensity of their immediate connection seems to open the floodgate of memories even wider. 

As their feelings grow, Griffon reveals their common bond as members of the Akhet-an elite group of people who can remember past lives and use their collected wisdom for the good of the world. But not all Akhet are altruistic, and a rogue is after Cole to avenge their shared past. Now in extreme danger, Cole must piece together clues from many lifetimes. 

What she finds could ruin her chance at a future with Griffon, but risking his love may be the only way to save them both.Full of danger, romance, and intrigue,Transcendence breathes new life into a perpetually fascinating question: What would you do with another life to live?

Published:    21st May 2013
Publisher:  Bloomsbury
Goodreads :  Click here
Series: Book 1, Transcendence
Source:  Review Copy From Publisher
Review:   6 out of 10

What I loved about this book…

I really enjoyed the fact that this story started in London.  Having been to London many times, I recognised the location and the description around the Tower of London. 

What I enjoyed the most was the historic feeling to the story.  There are ‘flash backs’ every now and then throughout the story which gives a glimpse to a bit of history and definitely gives some depth to the story. 

There is a bit of mystery with this story, the main mystery for me being trying to figure out who was who, who was good and who was bad, which I have to admit was a bit easy to figure out but it was interesting to have to figure them out at the beginning. 

What I was not fond of about this book…

For me, this was a very easy young adult read – nothing complicated.  With a story of this kind, I would have loved to have seen more twists and turns and maybe a few surprises along the way.  I was really expecting all the things that happened in this story and would have loved to have been surprised a bit. 

In summary…

A really great, easy to read, young adult read that I would recommend to those of you who like a bit of a historic ‘paranormalish’ type read.   This is the first in a series and definitely did leave me with quite a few questions that I am intrigued to find out more.

Video review...


Best wishes

Debs :-)


0 comments: