22 Jul 2013

Author Interview / Ava Zavora



 

In my childhood, I used to ride water buffaloes and wade in swamps. Nowadays, I travel and write dark fairy tales and romantic novels about adventurous women. My debut novel, Rosethorn,is available in all Amazon stores.  Belle Noir: Tales of Love and Magic will be published in June 2013, and Dear Adam, a contemporary romance will be published in August 2013.



1.  If you could work with any other author, who would it be and why?  
Mary Shelley because her she is an underrated genius.  She wrote Frankenstein when she was only 21 and lived a very fascinating life outside of that fame.

2.  What would be a typical working day for you? When and where do you write? 
With a full time job, I write whenever and wherever I can, but mostly do so here, in my little nook.

3.  What is the hardest part of the writing for you?  
Getting through the middle.  I want to write stories that leave out the boring parts people usually skip.  
4.  When and why did you first start writing? 
Believe it or not, I started pretend writing on the pages of my little Bible when I was a toddler.  I still have it somewhere, just scribbles and scribbles of nonsense.  

5.  How did you come up with the idea for your book? 
One day I wanted to read a book about reunited first loves that also had a bit of a mystery in it.  I couldn't find what I was looking for so I realized I had to be the one to write that book :)  Add my love of Stevie Nicks's music, as well as allusions to Charles Dickens, and Rosethorn was born.

6.  Are you a big reader? If so, what are you reading now?
I think I read books in my mother's womb to pass the time :)  I am re-reading Dante's Inferno, which is one of the most richly-depicted worlds ever created.  It would make a fantastic horror film.

7.  Do you have any advice for other aspiring writers?
I cannot say it more eloquently than Jane Yolen: BIC - "Butt in chair." 



Links:


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for having me at your blog, Debra!

Ava~