26 Jun 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - The Waiting Sky by Lara Zielin

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly memo that is hosted by Breaking the Spine Blog.

 

Expected Release Date:   7th August 2012
(Release date obtained from Goodreads)


Goodreads link is here.


One summer chasing tornadoes could finally change Jane's life for the better

Seventeen-year-old Jane McAllister can't quite admit her mother's alcoholism is spiraling dangerously out of control until she drives drunk, nearly killing them and Jane's best friend.

Jane has only one place to turn: her older brother Ethan, who left the problems at home years ago for college. A summer with him and his tornado-chasing buddies may just provide the time and space Jane needs to figure out her life and whether it still includes her mother. But she struggles with her anger at Ethan for leaving home and feels guilty--is she also abandoning her mom just when she needs Jane most? The carefree trip turned journey of self-discovery quickly becomes more than Jane bargained for, especially when the devilishly handsome Max steps into the picture.





Best wishes


Debs :-)

8 comments:

Juli Rahel said...

I wish someone devilishly handsome would step into my life! XD But I love it that someone wrote a book about storm chasers! I hope you enjoy reading it!
My WoW post
Juli @ Universe in Words

Anonymous said...

I've seen the book around, but I didn't exactly read the synopsis. Now that I've read it, I'm definitely interested. It sounds pretty exciting ! Plus, there's a devilishly handsome guy ! ;)

My WoW
http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-24-that-time-i.html

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I definitely love journeys of self-discovery...and this one sounds tempting. Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY WOW POST

Amber (Books of Amber) said...

This sounds really good! I also really like the cover, which is strange because I usually hate covers like this. I've added this to my list!

Books of Amber

Kate said...

This sounds amazing!! Love the blog! I followed on GFC.

my WOW

Lizzy said...

Woo storm chasing! I'm definitely going to have to grab this one. Thanks for the heads up!

Katie said...

This sounds like an interesting story. It is already on my TBR list.

My WOW: http://breathofbooks.blogspot.com/

Chey said...

This one's on my wishlist too! Sounds interesting and definitely not too similar to any of the other books I read. :)