20 Jun 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - Dark Companion by Marta Acosta

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly memo that is hosted by Breaking the Spine Blog.

 

Expected Release Date:   3rd July 2012 (not long now...)
(Release date obtained from Goodreads)


Goodreads link is here.

When foster teen Jane Williams is invited to attend elite Birch Grove Academy for Girls and escape her violent urban neighborhood, she thinks the offer is too good to be true. She's even offered her own living quarters, the groundskeeper's cottage in the center of the birch grove.

Something's not quite right about the school -- or is it Jane? She thinks she sees things in the birch grove at night. She's also beginning to suspect that the elegant headmistress and her sons are hiding secrets. Lucky is the gorgeous, golden son who is especially attentive to Jane, and Jack is the sardonic puzzling brother.

The school with its talented teachers and bright students is a dream for a science and math geek like Jane. She also loves her new friends, including hilarious poetry-spouting rich girl, Mary Violet. But the longer Jane stays at Birch Grove, the more questions she has about the disappearance of another scholarship girl and a missing faculty member.

Jane discovers one secret about Birch Grove, which only leads to more mysteries. What is she willing to sacrifice in order to stay at this school...and be bound to Birch Grove forever?



Best wishes

Debs :-)

8 comments:

Kim said...

Great pick (: I can't wait to read this too. I love the cover!

- Kim
My WoW

Anonymous said...

Luv ur blog :D **New Follower**
I am looking forward to reading this one, thanks for sharing the review :D

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Looks very tempting! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

danicapage said...

It's been awhile since I've been active in the blog world (a month :( ) but I love the changes you've made. Your blog looks great.

I'm am also looking forward to reading this one.

Check out my Waiting on Wednesday here.

~Danica Page
Taking It One Page at a Time

joyh82 said...

Sounds like a good storyline and I like the cover too. Have fun reading!

Unknown said...

Great choice! I can't wait for this to come out :)

Shortskie's WoW

Aishah Waheed said...

Great Pick! Hope you enjoy it and so will I hopefully as it's on my goodread to-read list as well!! Can't wait for it!

You can see my WOW here!

Chey said...

Ooh, I'll be getting a finished copy of this in the mail soon. Can't wait! New follower! :)