5 Sept 2010

Book Review - Haunted by James Herbert

Three nights of terror at the house called Edbrook - three nights in which David Ash, there to investigate a haunting, will be victim of horrifying and maleficent games. These are the three nights in which he will face the blood-chilling enigma of his own past - the three nights before Edbrook's dreadful secret will be revealed...And the true nightmare will begin! Remember with fear. "Disturbing atmosphere and constant unpleasant shocks." - "Daily Mail".

This is a book that I took to work to read in my lunch break (mainly because it looked a bit scary and I never like to read those sorts of books in the evening).  I was so looking forward to reading it but I was very disappointed.  I could not get into the book, mainly because I found the style of writing very hard to follow.  Once I had finished the book, I was also very disappointed by the ending, which I felt to be very predictable.  I had already figured out what was going to happen at the end when I was only halfway through the book and, for me, that spoiled some of the build up to the ending.

Unfortunately, this book was not for me. 

2 out of 10

Best wishes

0 comments: