7 May 2020

, ,

Series Review / Wayward Children (Every Heart a Doorway) by Seana McGuire



Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children
No Solicitations
No Visitors
No Quests

Children have always disappeared under the right conditions; slipping through the shadows under a bed or at the back of a wardrobe, tumbling down rabbit holes and into old wells, and emerging somewhere... else.

But magical lands have little need for used-up miracle children.

Nancy tumbled once, but now she’s back. The things she’s experienced... they change a person. The children under Miss West’s care understand all too well. And each of them is seeking a way back to their own fantasy world.

But Nancy’s arrival marks a change at the Home. There’s a darkness just around each corner, and when tragedy strikes, it’s up to Nancy and her new-found schoolmates to get to the heart of the matter.

No matter the cost.



Published:     2016 to 2020
Publisher:  Tor
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Books 1 to 5, Wayward Children
Source:  Owned




MY REVIEW

I have been seeing this series everywhere and just had to see what all the fuss was about!  Having read quite a lot of thrillers and romance recently, I thought this would be good for a change and this is definately something that is out of my comfort zone.   I would not normally pick this type of book up, but since I can't escape seeing people buying and reviewing this series I needed to see what the fuss was all about.

This series is centred at Eleanor West's Home for Warward Children.  Eleanor founded this home for children who have found 'doorways' to another 'worlds', have somehow made their way back to their 'home world' and are having trouble adjusting (or wanting to return but do not know how to summon doorways).

With each book we follow a different character and a different story.  I won't go into too much detail on each of the characters as I don't want to spoil any part of the story but my favourite characters by far in this story are Jack and Jill, who are twins.

I thoroughly enjoyed this series.  It was so much fun to read - very dark but also had moments which found me laughing out loud.  I would highly recommend!




















0 comments: