5 Nov 2015

,

Book Review / Chasers of the Light by Tyler Knott Gregson

The epic made simple. The miracle in the mundane.

One day, while browsing an antique store in Helena, Montana, photographer Tyler Knott Gregson stumbled upon a vintage Remington typewriter for sale. Standing up and using a page from a broken book he was buying for $2, he typed a poem without thinking, without planning, and without the ability to revise anything.

He fell in love.

Three years and almost one thousand poems later, Tyler is now known as the creator of the Typewriter Series: a striking collection of poems typed onto found scraps of paper or created via blackout method. Chasers of the Light features some of his most insightful and beautifully worded pieces of work—poems that illuminate grand gestures and small glimpses, poems that celebrate the beauty of a life spent chasing the light.


Published:     2nd September 2014
Publisher:  Perigee Books
Author Website:  Click here
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone

Source:  Review Copy
This is one of the most beautiful piece of writing I have ever read.  And that is a sentence that I don't write lightly.  From page 1 this book was filled with so much emotion that I just couldn't bear to put it down.  In the space of one day I read this book from start to finish with not so much as a tea break in between.  Yes it was a quick read but as they say quality not quantity is the best.  With the unique twist of being typed not on a computer but on a typewriter and photocopied into a book that added a lot of fun to reading this.  Some were typed on pages torn out of a book and some where typed on the back of receipts.  It just gave it that extra something that made me love this book so much more.

For me, the main theme that came out of this book was love and with love being one of the things that I love to read, this one was definitely going to be a winner in my books. 

Poems are a new thing for me, never having read any before.  I couldn't think of a better way to introduce myself to reading poems than this one.  I loved it!  I can guarantee you that I will be looking into reading anything else by this author... 











0 comments: