22 Sept 2015

,

Book Review / Every Thing Every Thing by Nicola Yoon

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. 

The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. 


He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.



Published:     1st September 2015
Publisher:  Delacourte
Author Website:  Click here
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher 



After hearing a lot about this book from practically everywhere, I just had to pick this up to find out what all the buzz was about.  This was an ok read for me, I think this was more based to younger adult rather than the older young adult that I am used to.  Although I did enjoy it and found it refreshing to read about this particular type of illness it is not one that I will personally pick up again. 



 PLOT:   You have the main character who has basically allergic to everything and is unable to go outside.  She is trapped in her own house, breathing synthetic cleaner air.  Every day is pretty much the same.  That is until new neighbours move in next door and she meets Olly.  For me, this is where the story truly begins.  With Olly, a new world is now opened up and new possibilities are seen.  I enjoyed following the interactions with Olly, honestly, up until nearer the end of the story.  There is a twist in this story near the end that I really wasn't expecting and was disappointed with.  I felt that this whole story had been built up to a certain point and with this twist it left me feeling disappointed.  

CHARACTERS:  By far my favourite character in this story is Olly.  OK so he is not the main character but I liked him and the way that he tried to change situations to make it better.  

SUMMARY:  A easy to read contemporary with a great 'easy romance' weaved into it.  I did enjoy reading this story and watching the main character work through her issues and become friends with Olly but unfortunately it was the ending of the story that I didn't like.  The twist at the end was definitely a surprise and this book is definitely worth the read just to get to that point.
















 

0 comments: