3 Sept 2015

,

Book Review / Confess by Colleen Hoover

Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…


Published:     10th March 2015
Publisher:  Atria Books
Author Website:  Click here
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source: Bought





So, this is one of those books that I kept seeing everywhere with such rave reviews I thought I would pick it up to see what all the fuss is about.  Colleen Hoover is a completely new author to me as well so I thought this would be interesting.  I think this book is a new adult book (but do correct me if I am wrong) and it is a genre that I have a very 'hit or miss' experience with.  I like romance in books but when there is too much 'sexy times' I tend to switch off and my interest goes from 100% to about 10%, honestly.  So, let's look at this book...

Plot/Storyline etc:  Honestly speaking, this was a very easy to read simple book, but that's a good thing.  It is exactly what I expected it to be and exactly what I wanted it to be as a beach read. The relationship between Auburn and Owen progressed as naturally as it could do and you also had a couple of sideline stories (which I won't spoil for you here) with one of those small sideline stories adding a bit of suspense and depth to the story.  For me, the best past of the plot was defiantly the romantic build up.

Character(s):   By far, my favourite character has to be Owen.  I liked the fact that there was a lot of him and a lot of his past that wasn't known straight away and was something that was slowly revealed throughout the book.  He added an element of suspense and, of course, romance!

Summary:   I was really surprised how much I loved this book.  For me, the best past of this book was definitely the romance.  I am a big sucker for romance and this just hit all the right reading spots for me.  I just could not put this down. I know one thing for sure and that is that I am going to be checking out more books written by Colleen Hoover and I can't wait!

















0 comments: