12 Jul 2020

, ,

Book Review / Before She Knew Him by Peter Swanson




Hen and her husband Lloyd have settled into a quiet life in a new house outside of Boston, Massachusetts. Hen (short for Henrietta) is an illustrator and works out of a studio nearby, and has found the right meds to control her bipolar disorder. Finally, she’s found some stability and peace.

But when they meet the neighbors next door, that calm begins to erode as she spots a familiar object displayed on the husband’s office shelf. The sports trophy looks exactly like one that went missing from the home of a young man who was killed two years ago. Hen knows because she’s long had a fascination with this unsolved murder—an obsession she doesn’t talk about anymore, but can’t fully shake either...






Published:     5t March 2019
Publisher:  William Morrow
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Owned



MY REVIEW

I can't tell you how much I loved this book!  I have only read one other book by this author before but I am beginning to see a style coming out in his writing.  I am not sure yet whether it is a style that is going to continue throughout all of his books but I can tell you from the two books I have read so far, I am loving it!  He has a way of telling you what is happening and revealing something major about the story early on so you know but still somehow has a way of surprising me.   I am sure that I am not explaining this to its best potential but you just need to pick up one of his books (and I would most certainly recommend this one) to find out what I mean.

What I loved about this story was her suspense.  You have Hen who have moved into a new neighbourhood but is instantly suspicious of one of her neighbors.  There's an object there that shouldn't be there that might mean that they are living next door to murderers.   What follows is this quest by Hen of trying to find out if they are.  There are quite a few twists and turns in this story that kept me on my toes. 

An amazing thriller that I just could not put down!






0 comments: