4 Jun 2018

, ,

Series Review / Night School by CJ Daughtery


Allie Sheridan’s world is falling apart. Her brother’s run away from home. Her parents ignore her. And she’s just been arrested.

Again.

This time her parents have had enough. They cut her off from her friends and send her away to boarding school, far from her London friends.

But at Cimmeria Academy, Allie is soon caught up in the strange activities of a secret group of elite students.

When she’s attacked late one night the incident sets off a chain of increasingly violent events. As the school begins to seem like a very dangerous place, she finds out that nothing at Cimmeria is what it seems to be.

And that she is not who she thought she was.


Published:      2012
Publisher:  Atom
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Books 1 to 5, Night School

Source:  Owned
 


MY REVIEW

In the same theme as many of the books I am reading this year, this was a series that has been on my TBR for AGES....  I had read the first book in the series back in 2013 just when it had come out and remembered that I loved it but never got around to reading the rest.  I am really glad that I decided to pick this up again.  I had not remembered much from reading book 1 previously so it really was like delving into this for the first time.

I found the writing very addictive.  I was always left wanting to read just a bit more, even when I was struggling to keep my eyes open late at night.  Although there are quite a few characters in this story, the author has done a very good job at making each and every character rememberable and either likeable or unlikeable, whatever the case may be.  However, I do have to say that I found the main character, Allie, to be very childish and very selfish in parts of this series.  She was going to do what she wanted to do, even if she thinks she is doing the right thing, without really thinking it through or thinking about anyone else.  I found that highly irritating.

In places I did feel that the story dragged and certainly felt that this might have been even more action packed had the story been a 3 or 4 book series rather than 5.









0 comments: