11 Jun 2018

, , ,

Duology Review / 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson



Inside little blue envelope 1 are $1,000 and instructions to buy a plane ticket.
In envelope 2 are directions to a specific London flat.

The note in envelope 3 tells Ginny: Find a starving artist.

Because of envelope 4, Ginny and a playwright/thief/ bloke–about–town called Keith go to Scotland together, with somewhat disastrous–though utterly romantic–results. But will she ever see him again?
Everything about Ginny will change this summer, and it's all because of the 13 little blue envelopes.


Published:     2010
Publisher:  Harper Teen
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Books 1 and 2, Little Blue Envelopes
Source:   Owned



MY REVIEW

Having read the first book many years ago, I remembered that I loved it and had only just realised that there was a follow on book.  I did think that the first book was left very open ended and weird but I had thought it was one of those books that leaves it to the reader to decide what happens next (which usually is a pet hate of mine).  As it had been a while, I re-read the first book and loved how fun it was.  Nothing complicated, just following Ginny as she follows her crazy aunt's wishes.  I did feel that maybe Ginny was a bit young to be travelling all around the world on her own and felt that she was very naive in more than one circumstance and didn't seem to learn from her mistakes.

These were fun reads and ones that, honestly, I would have really enjoyed a lot more when I was a teenager/young adult.   Although I feel that this duology would have been much better as a single novel, it was interesting and I did enjoy the theme of a crazy aunt trying to help her niece come out of her shell.



0 comments: