29 Jun 2016

,

Book Review / The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han




Belly measures her life in summers. 

Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. 

They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between.

But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.



Published:     5th May 2009
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 1, Summer
Source:  Owned

 MY REVIEW

What I liked about this book...  This book really surprised me.  The weather here in England is getting warm (and yes it does rain a lot too lol!) so I was really in the mood for reading a summery style book and this series had been on my list of things to get to for far too long now.  I decided to pick it up.  I am so glad that I did.  This was exactly what I wanted and a lot more.  

This book is not all it seems to me.  Yes it does have the story of Belly and her two friends who she has known since a child, Jeremiah and Conrad.  Yes there is a love triangle but for me that was only part of the story.  You have other characters as well that made the story for me and those were the parents, Belly's mum and Jeremiah and Conrad's mum both of whom are at the summer house for the entire summer and there's a secret they have been hiding.  That part of the story was the part I was more interested in reading about and following how the characters reacted when they found out this secret. 

What I didn't like about this book...  Although I did really enjoy reading this book I did find the love triangle a bit annoying at times.  It seemed like Belly could not make up her mind what she wanted to do and found that Jeremiah and Conrad were being played at times.  I am very interested to know what is going to happen in the next books.  Does she make up her mind and stop stringing on Jeremiah and Conrad? 

0 comments: