30 Jun 2016

,

Book Review / It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han

To avoid spoilers, below is the description for book 1 in this trilogy.  A Goodreads link for this book is below.

Belly measures her life in summers. 

Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. 

They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. 

But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.


Published:     27th April 2010
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 1, Summer
Source:  Owned



REVIEW

What I liked about this book...    OK, so this trilogy is turning out to be a lot more sadder than I thought.  As this is book 2 in a trilogy, I won't go into too much detail as to why but what I will say is that the character development in this book is what made it for me.  There is this event that happened after the last summer and all the characters are now coming to terms with this and watching them try and find their way in this book was the best part for me.  If I had to pick a favourite character, in this book I would have to say Conrad.  The way he deals with issues are more complicated than we are led to believe at the beginning of the story. 

What I didn't like about this book...  Honestly, I would have to say it is that love triangle again as mentioned in my review of book 1 but to avoid spoilers all I will say is that I wished she would make up her mind!

0 comments: