25 Jan 2016

A Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon 2016 / In Summary


I took part in my first read-a-thon!!  A Winter's Respite Read-A-Thon was held by Seasons of Reading Blog.  A link to the blog is below:


I posted updates on Instagram but just in case you missed those I have put pictures of them below.  I have to say that I really enjoyed this read-a-thon and I discovered more about my reading habits while taking part.  The first few days were really energising and I wanted to get into reading for most of the day (unfortunately I was not able to do that as I work full time 9am to 5pm).  I found that as the week went on I felt less wanting to read but also felt obligation to read which I found out was not a very fun experience.  During the last few days of the read-a-thon although I didn't read as much as I wanted to I found that I had slowed my reading pace right down and enjoyed reading a lot more.  I really enjoyed taking part in this event and would definitely take part again.  The most important lesson I took out of this experience is the fact that I need to slow down with reading to really enjoy the journey the story is taking me.  I do tend to fasten my reading pace and end up not enjoying the book.  This is definitely something I am going to take note of going forward throughout 2016!

Total Pages Read:   755
Books Finished:  2 










0 comments: