29 Jul 2024

Book Review / In A Thousand Different Ways by Cecelia Ahern


Finding your way is never a simple journey…

Alice sees the worst in people.

She also sees the best.
She sees a thousand different emotions and knows exactly what everyone around her is feeling.
Every. Single. Day.

But it’s the dark thoughts.
The sadness. The rage.
These are the things she can’t get out of her head. The things that overwhelm her.

Where will the journey to find herself begin?


Published:  13th April 2023

Publisher:  HarperCollins

Goodreads :  Click Here

Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone

Source:  Bought

Genres:     Fiction, Contemporary and Romance



MY REVIEW

I wish I would have loved this more than what I did.  I have been following this author right from the beginning and loved most of her novels, but there's something about the newer novels that are just not 'my thing' and I'm struggling to put a pin in exactly why.  I struggled to get into this one and found it hard to keep my interest to be honest.  That's not to say that the writing style wasn't good, it was, but it was just the story wasn't for me.  Immediatley after finishing reading this, I forgot all about it and what was going on in it.  

Would I recommend...  If you wanted to try a Cecelia Ahern book I would recommend starting with some of her earlier work rather than this one.  That's not to say you shouldn't give this a go but start somewhere else first to get a feel for her writing style. 

 




No comments: