14 Jul 2024

Book Review / The Hike by Lucy Clarke

 


Wish you were here?
Think again . . .

Maggie, Liz, Helena & Joni. Old friends bound by history, adventures, old secrets.

And now, bound by murder.

They lace up their hiking boots for the adventure of a lifetime in the Norwegian wilderness: a place of towering mountains, glass-like lakes, log cabins and forests stolen from a fairytale.

It’s the perfect place to lose yourself – until a broken body is found at the bottom of a ravine.

Somewhere out there, someone knows exactly why a woman has died. And in this deep, dark wilderness, there’s a killer on the trail . . .


Published:   27th April 2023

Pages:  384 pages, Hardcover

Genre:  Thriller, Mystery, Suspense and Crime



MY REVIEW


What I liked about this story...   For me, the suspense was the best part of this book.  What were the old secrets between the friends?  What was going to happen on the hike?  Had something else already happened?  Just could not put this down.  Honestly, I read this in one sitting!  There's something about this author's writing that makes me just not want to stop reading!


What I didn't like about this story...  Despite being extremely addicting and the fact that I had so many questions, there were no real surprises for me in this story.  What I had suspected turned out to be right.  


Would I recommend...  This was a great story.  I would recommend picking this up with no knowledge of the story before going in like I did.  


No comments: