12 Jun 2017

, ,

Book Review / In a Dark Dark Wood by Ruth Ware


In a dark, dark wood

Nora hasn't seen Clare for ten years. Not since Nora walked out of school one day and never went back.

There was a dark, dark house

Until, out of the blue, an invitation to Clare’s hen do arrives. Is this a chance for Nora to finally put her past behind her?

And in the dark, dark house there was a dark, dark room

But something goes wrong. Very wrong.

And in the dark, dark room....

Some things can’t stay secret for ever.



Published:     30thJuly 2015
Publisher:  Harvill Secker
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Library 




MY REVIEW

What I liked about this book...  Now this was a very interesting read for me.  From the reviews I have seen, this was one of those books that was not very liked (although I know there are many that do like it, it just happened that the people I follow reviews of didn't like this one).  My instant reaction when someone really doesn't like a book is that I immediately want to pick it up and find out why.  I really enjoyed this book.   What hooked me into it was right at the beginning of the story where Nora is invited to Clare's hen party.  Nora hasn't seen Clare in ten years, so why was she invited.  If I had been invited to something like that for someone I hadn't seen for ten years I would not be attending (and certainly will not be now I've read this book lol!).

We follow Nora as she turns up to a cabin in the woods where the party was taking place, she meets Clare's friends and eventually Clare turns up to explain why they haven't talked in ten years and why she was invited to the hen party.  I was really surprised by the reason, it was something I had not been expecting.  From there on, I just could not put it down.

One thing after another starts to happen and I have to say the ending was breathtaking.  There were so many twists and turns in this book, it kept me on my toes right until the very last page!


0 comments: