20 Aug 2015

,

Book Review / The Missing Husband by Amanda Brooke


The next stunning novel from Richard and Judy pick, Amanda Brooke.

When Jo pretends to be asleep as her husband leaves for work the morning after an argument, she doesn’t realise how deeply she will come to regret the opportunity to say goodbye. By nightfall, her life has changed irrevocably.

David has disappeared and there doesn’t seem to be any trace of him. But Jo is five months pregnant and her marriage is full of secrets – not least, David’s unwillingness to start a family.

As the mystery around David’s disappearance shows no sign of being solved, Jo must choose: will she give up her baby to make the man she loves come home?

Published:     16th July 2015
Publisher:  Orchard Books
Author Website:  Click here
Goodreads :  Click here 

Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher


 For me, the mark of a good book is when it can leave you spinning at the end with both joy at having read such a great book and good irritation as the book has gotten so far into your skin you can't help but stew on the story for many hours afterwards.  This was one of those books for me.  I loved it!  Amanda Brook is a new author to me and I will definitely be checking out her other work very soon!!!  There are so many things I can talk about with this story that I enjoyed.  The first being the character development.  Following Jo as she tries to pull herself through her husband going missing, trying to find out where he has got and then what happens at the end (which I won't spoil).  The relationship between Jo and her new baby is one that I found particularly hard to read but it was written really well.  As for the other characters, there are some nice ones and some not so nice ones but they all added to the drama of the story and showed that Jo had such a great support system around her to help her get through this.

I have to admit that I wasn't expecting the ending that I got with this story, it was definitely surprising.  I had all these things in my head about what could have happened and what did happen was definitely not one of those that I had thought of.  I had wished that it might have been a bit more of an explosive ending but for me it wasn't but that did not deflect the fact that this was a fantastic emotional read.
Amanda Brooke lives in Liverpool with her teenage daughter, Jessica. When her three-year-old son died from cancer, Amanda was determined that his legacy would be one of inspiration. Yesterday's Sun is inspired by her experiences of motherhood. 



0 comments: