6 Aug 2015

,

Book Review / Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann

Kendall loves her life in small town Cryer's Cross, Montana, but she also longs for something more. She knows the chances of going to school in New York are small, but she's not the type to give up easily. Even though it will mean leaving Nico, the world's sweetest boyfriend, behind.

But when Cryer's Cross is rocked by unspeakable tragedy, Kendall shoves her dreams aside and focuses on just one goal: help find her missing friends. Even if it means spending time with the one boy she shouldn't get close to... the one boy who makes her question everything she feels for Nico.

Determined to help and to stay true to the boy she's always loved, Kendall keeps up the search--and stumbles upon some frightening local history. She knows she can't stop digging, but Kendall is about to find out just how far the townspeople will go to keep their secrets buried....


Published:     8th February 2011
Publisher:   Simon Pulse
Author Website:  Click here
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Owned



What I liked about this story...
I have had this book on my shelf for ages now and I thought it was about time I picked it up.  I was in the mood for a really good thriller style story but as it is summer here in England at the moment I needed something not too complicated.  I really enjoyed this story.  As I thought, this was an easy read.  So easy I read this in one sitting!!!  What I liked the most was the main character Kendall and the fact that she had OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) which is something I haven't come across a lot in stories.  Having OCD means that Kendall has to arrive earlier than most to school so she can set up the classroom how she needs so she can concentrate in class (put the rubbish bin the right way etc).  I also liked the fact that you have a 'creep factor' in this book where you have two kids go missing and its more of a where are they and did someone take them.  I have to admit that I did spend most of this story trying to figure out whether someone did it, so much that I think I must have questioned nearly all the characters at some point in the story!

What I was not fond with this story...
What I was not fond of was the ending.  There was great built up to where these kids have gone and what happened but when I got to the end it was, honestly, a bit deflating.  Obviously I won't go into the details of the ending because I don't want to spoil it but I had wished that the ending would have been different. 



0 comments: