19 Feb 2014

Book Review / The Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow

It is 1910 and Maria, a talented young girl from the East end of London, is employed to work as a seamstress for the royal family. As an attractive girl, she soon catches the eye of the Prince of Wales and she in turn is captivated by his glamour and intensity.

But careless talk causes trouble and soon Maria’s life takes a far darker turn. Disbelieved and dismissed she is thrown into a mental asylum, shut away from the real world with only her needlework for company.

Can a beautiful quilt, discovered many years later, reveal the truth behind what happened to Maria?


Published:     16th January 2014
Publisher:  Harper Collins
Goodreads :  Click here
Series:  Not part of a series
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher
Review:   10 out of 10


What I loved about this story...

Wow!  Historical fiction is fast becoming one of my favourite genres.  I loved this book.  What I loved the most about this book was the fact that real life historical facts are in this book as well as fiction so there were certain parts that I recognised. 

I also loved the story of Maria, from when she started off in the orphanage and getting picked to be part of the seamstress team for the Royal Palace to later on in life.  There is so much to discover in this book, so many secrets and I loved finding out each and every one.  There were a couple of surprses along the way too!

What I was not fond of with this story...

Absolutely loved this book, there was nothing I did not like about it...


If you would like to check out the video review, please see below...



Best wishes

Debs :-)
 

0 comments: