2 Jun 2013

Double Book Review: Ultraviolet and Quicksilver by RJ Anderson (Book 1 and 2)


Once upon a time there was a girl who was special.
This is not her story.
Unless you count the part where I killed her.

Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?

Published:   Ultraviolet (2nd June 2011) and Quicksilver (2nd May 2013)
Publisher:  Orchard Books
Goodreads :   Ultraviolet (Click here)  and  Quicksilver  (Click here)
Series:  Books 1 and 2, Ultraviolet)
Source:  Ultraviolet (Bought) and Quicksilver (Review Copy from Publisher)
Review:   1000000000000000000000000 out of 10


What I loved about these books...

Well, where can I start?  This story absolutely blew me away.  There is not a lot about the actual story that I can tell you that will not spoil the story for you but all I will say about it is that I started reading this book thinking that it was one particular story but by the time I got to the end of the first book I was in a completely different story than the the one I expected.   I was about half to three quarters of the way through the book, following the story of Alison, when I had one of those 'oh my god' moments.  The phrase on the front of the Ultraviolet book were right, everything you believe is wrong.  That is definitely true of this book.

Talking about the characters, Alison was a character that I immediately liked and warmed to.  Even though she has found herself in a mental institution she did not strike me as someone needed to stay there.  There is another character that I enjoyed following who visited her at the institution but to avoid spoilers, I will not mention too much more than that.  

What I was not fond of with these books...

Honestly, absolutely nothing... 

In summary...

I absolutely LOVED these books.  The writing style was very easy to follow, the characters were  completely believable and the plot twist I absolutely adored.


Video review for Ultraviolet ...



Video review for Quicksilver...



Best wishes 
Debs :-)    




0 comments: