6 May 2013

Author Interview: Tina Smith




Eternally Cursed to Love & Not Purely Desire…
Temperatures rise as the flames of longing still burn in the thrilling sequel to Wolf Sirens Forbidden. The legend continues. Apollo, god of deadly plague, conspires to undo his sister’s legacy. The wolves exist between two worlds, one in the town another in the forest.
Prophecy says hunters and wolves are cursed to a mutual attraction. Increasingly, each successive slayer becomes more alluring to the wolf. The predestined enemies struggle, to both resist and contain their fierce rivalry in a conflict powerful enough to tear two worlds apart.


A shadow has fallen over the heartlands of myth and reality. The chosen is reborn broken-hearted, in the scorching embers of grief. Devastated, Lila trains tirelessly as the assassin. She must submit to deliver justice and protect the innocent of Shade.
But is it love or revenge which motivates her?


Will the huntress or her heart prevail? Breaking away from the call of destiny and fearing betrayal, Lila makes a desperate escape in search of her lost beloved. The intensity between two ancient enemies ignites. The history of the wolf pack is revealed as devotion and desire in the underworld reaches fever pitch.

If The Bite Doesn't Get You, Then the Fever Will

1.     If you could work with any other author, who would it be and why? Maggie Steifvater. I like the way she writes and I have watched her blog posts (including one done while driving her Monaro) and she seems like a lot of fun.

2.     What would be a typical working day for you? When and where do you write? On a typical day I would walk my dog after being dragged out of bed by my daughter. When I get back I work/ write/ study or clean or grocery shop. Managing the chaos. Those activities sum up my life. I spend as much time (too much time) as I can writing, editing and also advertising at my desk in a spare room which doubles as my wardrobe. Facebook and Pinterest are enemies of my time. Sometimes I make utube video trailers for my book. There is no routine exactly, I work when I can for as long as I can. As a result all I do is work right now. I am waiting for a kindle for my birthday and then I might get some more reading (read relaxing) done.

3.     What is the hardest part of the writing for you? Definitely editing, putting in edits, though I have a blast arguing with my critique partner about minor details.

4.     When and why did you first start writing? I had a situation where I couldn’t afford study and my college had closed, so I had a bit of time on my hands - which is ironic now. I always liked writing and I was, I suppose, fairly good at it because when I think about it now I see that I am one of those introverts who is terrible at relationships but I give someone a card and I have them crying all over me. It’s a talent (laughs). It’s the only time that it’s alright to upset people. I think really if you are a writer you were just born with the ability to do it. But if you don’t work really, really hard you won’t get anywhere with it.

5.     How did you come up with the idea for the book your book? I always loved Jack London and more recently Wolves of Mercy Falls, legends, the hero archetype, romance, fantasy and strong narrative. I also love reality, a bit of grit, which is why paranormal appealed rather than straight fantasy. I think wolves are gorgeous creatures and I am fascinated with the connection the species has with our own throughout history.

6.     Are you a big reader? If so, what are you reading now? I studied, worked and raised a child by myself for many years, so I didn’t get a lot of reading done. At the moment Raven Boys and I bought a book called Vain by Fisher Amelie and I recently finished Colleen Hoovers book Hopeless.

7.     Do you have any advice for other aspiring writers?
Work hard and play hard (laughs). The longest journey starts with a single step! If it’s the right path for you, don’t give up, it’s a marathon not a race.

0 comments: