17 Apr 2011

What is your favourite paranormal YA series?

Well, I have to say that this is a very easy question or me to answer as I have only recently, within the past couple of years really got into paranormal/vampire/supernatural stories as well as young adult stories. Until about two years ago, the books that I was more likely to read were chick lit stories, Dan Brown novels and stories written by authors like Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Picoult. It was mainly main stream authors that I would pick up.

So, I have to confess that I have not read a lot of paranormal YA series. In fact, from looking at my book collection right now, there is only one complete series that I have read all the way through from start to finish. That series is the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr, which completely rocked my book world at the start of this year. I absolutely loved this series and would recommend it to anyone.

As to the paranormal books that I have started but still waiting for more books to be released, those would have to be the Lauren Kate Fallen novels, the Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins, the Hollow trilogy by Jessica Verday and the Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick. I am not sure whether you would class all these as paranormal but each of them do certainly have paranormal elements to them.

So, if I were to pick now what my favourite paranormal YA series is, I would have to say the Wicked Lovely series, not because that is the only one that I have completed but because this one completely changed my way of thinking about those types of novels. The Wicked Lovely series is all about faeries and it was the first time that I had read a story with faeries in it. I certainly would not hesitate now in reading all about faeries in other stories.

If you have not read the Wicked Lovely series, I would definitely recommend it. Even if you have not read this sort of book before, it is certainly a great place to start.

So, how about you? What would be the series you would name as your favourite?

Best wishes

Debs

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only read the first one so far in the Wicked Lovely series, but it was really good. I have them all on my shelf. I just need more reading time!