16 Apr 2011

Book Review - Sweethearts by Sara Zarr

Sweethearts

Number of Pages - 217

Publisher -  Little Brown Books

My Review - 10 out of 10

 As children, Jennifer Harris and Cameron Quick were both social outcasts. They were also one another's only friend. So when Cameron disappears without warning, Jennifer thinks she's lost the only person who will ever understand her. Now in high school, Jennifer has been transformed. Known as Jenna, she's popular, happy, and dating, everything "Jennifer" couldn't be---but she still can't shake the memory of her long-lost friend.

When Cameron suddenly reappears, they are both confronted with memories of their shared past and the drastically different paths their lives have taken.


Well, this book completely blew me away.  There I sat down and thought I was going to be reading a nice little lovey dovey chick lit style of story but was completely surprised when I discovered the main theme of the story, which was completely not what I thought it was going to be....  I loved this book...



Best wishes

Debs

0 comments: