23 Jan 2011

Book Beginnings - Late Friday Post

Hey guys,

I came across a fantastic blog theme this week from the blog A Few More Pages....


How this works....  Basically every Friday I will pick up the book I am currently reading and put in the first line  of that book...  I shall also give a little description of my impressions etc.....   I thought this was a fun thing to do so I thought I would give it a go.... 

So the book I am reading at the moment is Evermore by Alyson Noel.

Published by Macmillan
Number of Pages -  356
Released - 2009

First Line

'Guess who'  Haven's warm clammy palms press hard against my cheeks as the tarnished edge of her silver skull ring leaves a smudge on my skin

This first line told me a lot of about the main character and what I believe must be her best friend for someone to have that kind of close relationship, either that or it could have been a man and Haven was his girlfriend.  I went with the assumption that because of the cover being that of a girl, the main character was a girl and Haven was her best friend.  What this first line also told me was that this main character possibly did not like being touched for some reason by the way she described her friends 'clammy hands' and the 'smudge on my skin'.  She could have described it as a nice surprise and wondering what was going to happen next but the main character decided to concentrate on how the act of her friend putting her hands over her eyes made her feel.... 

I have really enjoyed this post...  Do check out the link above to the blog A Few More Pages who started this up....

Best wishes

Debs






0 comments: