17 Oct 2021

, ,

Book Review / Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz


 

A lyrical novel about family and friendship from critically acclaimed author Benjamin Alire Sáenz.

Aristotle is an angry teen with a brother in prison. Dante is a know-it-all who has an unusual way of looking at the world. When the two meet at the swimming pool, they seem to have nothing in common. But as the loners start spending time together, they discover that they share a special friendship--the kind that changes lives and lasts a lifetime. And it is through this friendship that Ari and Dante will learn the most important truths about themselves and the kind of people they want to be.

 

Published:     21st February 2012
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster Books
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 1, Aristotle and Dante
Source:  Bought

 


MY REVIEW

 

This is my second time reading this novel and I just adore it so much!  I would comment that although this novel seems to be pitched towards younger readers, any person of any age could read this and enjoy it just as much.  The writing is easy to follow and so laid back, it was so hard to put it down at the end of the day when my eyes just won't stay open any longer.

What I loved about this book was, of course, Aristotle and Dante.  Following them both as they navigate through life, their feelings and emotions and any obstacles they come across or create for themselves.  Honestly, this book for me was all about the two main characters and of course their parents and their friends. 

When I finished this story the first time around back in 2016 the sequel to this story wasn't even thought of I believe but I definately felt, after reading this book, that there was so much left unsaid and so much more I wanted to learn about not just Aristotle and Dante, but their parents and their friends also.  I can't tell you how exicited I am to  pick up the second book, and that is exactly what I am going to do next! 

 This is truly a beautiful and moving story that I would highly recommend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0 comments: