2 May 2021

, ,

Book Review / A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas (Book 2, A Court of Thorns and Roses)

To avoid spoilers, below is the description for book 1 in this series, A Court of Thorns & Roses.

Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill – the forest where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter months. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting it for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price ...

Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jewelled mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest. Feyre's presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn from hostility to passion and the faerie lands become an even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.

 

 

 

Published:     3rd May 2016
Publisher:  Bloomsbury
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 2, A Court of Thorns and Roses
Source: Owned

 


 

MY REVIEW

 

Having read this book before, I enjoyed this book just as much as I did the first time around if not a bit more than the last time.  

Obviously as this is book 2 in as series there is a lot that I won't go into as I don't want to spoil the story for those of you who have not yet read this book or the series but what I love about this book is where it takes us deeper into the world, learn more about the various characters and learn more about the politics of the world.  

For me, this story certainly changes my opinion about certain characters.  Some good and some bad.  Some were good but now they are bad and some where bad but now they are good.  I loved that I never quite know whether what I think about a certain character will remain the same throughout the entire of this series, including those books that have not yet been written.  

With most series I read, book 2 tends to fall flat but this certainly didn't and I can't wait to dig back into the next book!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0 comments: