27 Mar 2021

,

Series Review / Revenants Trilogy by Amy Plum


In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

Published:     2011
Publisher:  HarperTeen

Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Trilogy
Source:  Owned
 

 



MY REVIEW

 

I had first read this trilogy back in 2016 and loved it.  I was reminded of this trilogy again recently via audiobooks and decided to read it again to see what my take on it was the second time around.

We follow Kate when she (and her sister) move to Paris to live with her grandparents after her parents die on a tragic car accident.  She then meets Vincent and the story goes from there as she discovers that there is more to Vincent than meets the eye.

I did enjoy this story the second time around but I think because since first reading this trilogy I have read so many more books with a similar plot line some of the uniqueness that I had got from this story back in 2016 was not there the second time around.  That's not to say that I didn't enjoy this trilogy to a point but it was very predictable and, to be honest, I stopped reading after completing the second book as I just wasn't feeling that motivated to pick up the last book.  What does set this story aside is the fact that it is based in Paris and I honestly can't think of another book I have read recently that is based in Paris, so that does give it a certain atmosphere that I did enjoy a lot, especially the second time around. 

I think this trilogy would be an ideal read for those who have not yet read a lot of this type of stories

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0 comments: