8 Feb 2020

, , , ,

Trilogy Review / Songs about a Girl by Chris Russell


Charlie Bloom never wanted to be 'with the band'. She's happiest out of the spotlight, behind her camera, unseen and unnoticed. But when she's asked to take backstage photos for hot new boy band Fire&Lights, she can't pass up the chance.

Catapulted into a world of paparazzi and backstage bickering, Charlie soon becomes caught between gorgeous but damaged frontman, Gabriel West, and his boy-next-door bandmate Olly Samson. Then, as the boys' rivalry threatens to tear the band apart, Charlie stumbles upon a mind-blowing secret, hidden in the lyrics of their songs...


Published:     2016 to 2018
Publisher:  Hodder

Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 45, In Death
Source:  Owned



MY REVIEW

I read the first two books back when they first came out and adored them.  I hadn't realised until I saw a review that I had not finished reading the trilogy and I knew I had to remedy that quickly!  I had owned all three books for a while and I can't believe it has taken me so long to get to reading the whole lot!  Of course I started from book 1 again before getting to the final book that I had not read yet and fully immerse myself back in the story.

I loved this just as much, if not a bit more, than I did the first time around.  Following Charlie, a budding young photographer, as she attends school but gets offered the job of taking photos of Fire & Lights (the hottest boy band of the time).  She gets to know the band and various other characters that come along the way - some good and some not so good.  There's also a bit of a love triangle going on and simply because I had read the first two books before I kind of knew that was coming but there were definitely a lot of questions I had about what has happened in the past that ties some characters together.

The characters also were a big pull for me in reading this trilogy.  Whether they are a good character or a not so good character, all had their own quirks and personalities and were intriguing to follow.  If I had to pick my favourites they would have to be Charlie (of course!) and Yuki who is another member of the band and a larger than live character.


I cannot recommend this trilogy enough.  If you like Emery Lord's Open Road Summer, you need to pick this up!



0 comments: