14 Feb 2020

,

Book Review / Right Behind You by Rachel Abbott

Some doors should not be opened.
Some can never be closed.


Jo Palmer’s peaceful and happy life is about to end.

Ash – the man she loves – will be arrested by the police.
Millie – her precious daughter – will be taken from her.

She will lose her friends.
She will doubt her sanity.

Someone is stealing everything Jo loves, and will stop at nothing.

But right now, Jo is laughing in her kitchen, eating dinner with her family, suspecting nothing.

It’s raining outside.

There’s a knock on the door. They are here.

A DCI Tom Douglas Thriller



Published:     16th January 2020
Publisher:  Black Dot Publishing
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone: Book 9, DCI Tom Douglas
Source:  Review Copy from Author



MY REVIEW

This is not my first time reading a Rachel Abbott novel and both times I thoroughly enjoyed reading and following the DCI Tom Douglas story.  I haven't read them in order but now that I know I really enjoy this story, I absolutely plan to start from the beginning when I get the chance.

In this story, we follow Jo who is living happily with Ash and her daughter Millie.  All of that changes one day when then people she loves get taken away from her.  She is then on a mission to find them and find out what secrets have been kept from her.

This had a bit of a slow start for me but definitely worth it once you get to the main part of the story.   I liked the way in which the kidnapping was set up which leaves Jo wondering exactly who she should trust.   There is also a larger picture which I am beginning to see which centers around DCI Tom Douglas and his family.  I have seen a glimpse of that in the first book that I read (Come a Little Closer) but I am definitely intrigued to find out more about his story which I am guessing I will pick up when I start from the beginning.

I could not put this down!   What a great novel!

0 comments: