6 Jan 2019

, , , ,

Series Review / A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas




Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill – the forest where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter months. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting it for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price ...

Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jewelled mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest. Feyre's presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn from hostility to passion and the faerie lands become an even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.
 


Published:     2015 to 2018 so far...
Publisher:  Bloomsbury
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Books 1, 2, 3 and 3.1
Source:  Bought and Owned



MY REVIEW

I wasn't sure whether to read this series now or wait until it had finished before I picked this up but, honestly, I just could not wait any longer!  I had read A Court of Thorns and Roses when it first came out and loved it and had slowly been collecting the other books in the series but not reading any more.  I can't believe it took me this long to catch up on this series.  Just as a I felt when I read the Throne of Glass series, I was (and still am) thoroughly addicted to this series and Sarah J Maas' writing.

For me, the best part of this series is the romance and drama.  You have Feyre who I see as the main character in this series.  You then have Tamlin who, at the start, I thought was utterly delicious.  I am not going to go into too much detail as I don't want to spoil for those who have not read the series or are only halfway through the series but OMG what a twist in the story line where you have another character who comes in and completely steals the show!!!  My favourite character by a long shot is this other character who is funny, entertaining, inspiring and just the perfect person.

I am now sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the next instalment in this series, which I hope will not take too long!!!!!!!

0 comments: