25 Jul 2017

,

Book Review / The Dark Isle by Clare Carson





Sam grew up in the shadow of the secret state. Her father was an undercover agent, full of tall stories about tradecraft and traitors. Then he died, killed in the line of duty.
Now Sam has travelled to Hoy, in Orkney, to piece together the puzzle of her father's past. Haunted by echoes of childhood holidays, Sam is sure the truth lies buried here, somewhere.

What she finds is a tiny island of dramatic skies, swooping birds, rugged sea stacks and just four hundred people. An island remote enough to shelter someone who doesn't want to be found. An island small enough to keep a secret...







Published:     1st June 2017
Publisher:  Head of Zeus
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 3, Sam Coyle Trilogy
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher




MY REVIEW

What I liked about this story...  What I had not realised when reading this book was that it was book 3 in a series.  I only realised that when starting to write my review here!  It may be that I would have learned a lot more about different characters and different situations from reading the first two books in the series but I have to say that I realy enjoyed this book and maybe the fact that I didn't know a lot about what happened previously helped me be more surprised with the twists and turns.  What I liked the most was the pace. It started off at a fairly normal pace but as we follow Sam and discover bits along the way the pace sped up until the pace was so fast I just could not put it down!  I had to know how it ended!  There were certainly quite a few parts in this story that surprised me.






0 comments: