28 May 2017

,

Book Review / Blood Sisters by Jane Corry ***Contains Spoilers***



Three little girls set off to school one sunny May morning. 
 
Within an hour, one of them is dead. 
 
Fifteen years later, Alison and Kitty are living separate lives. Kitty lives in a care home. She can't speak, and she has no memory of the accident that put her here, or her life before it.

Art teacher Alison looks fine on the surface. But the surface is a lie. When a job in a prison comes up she decides to take it - this is her chance to finally make things right.

But someone is watching Kitty and Alison.
Someone who wants revenge for what happened that day.

And only another life will do...



Published:     4th May 2017
Publisher:  Penguin
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher




MY REVIEW

What I liked about this story...      It is not often that I come across a thriller where I honestly do not know or can't figure out what is going to happen.  Blood Sisters is one of those books.  I really couldn't tell what was going to happen until the very end!  It was not just at the end of the story where I was surprised.  I am not sure whether I was just not paying attention or whether it was a good slight of hand but I honestly didn't recognise the character in the care home as Kitty!  I should just mention that when it comes to thrillers I do not read the description of the book apart from the caption that usually features on the front of the book.  That way I don't get spoiled and any surprises the author wants me to find, I don't know then in advance. 

What I didn't like about this story...   It did take me a while to get into this story and I am not sure whether that was just me and my mood at the time or whether the beginning just had a lower pace than the rest of the book but I can tell you it is definitely worth the read!


0 comments: