17 Nov 2016

,

Series Review / Hush Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick


A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE


Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.

Published:     2009
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Hush Hush Series
Source:  Owned


MY REVIEW

What I liked about this series...  It was back in 2010 when I first picked up this book and I remembered that I really loved it so I thought it was about time that I picked up the rest of the series and I am so that that I did.  Despite the fact that this series would probably still work if it was a duology, I found this series really fun to read, especially the interactions between Patch and Nora.

What I liked the most about this series was more the world-building and the aggravation between the different 'characters'.  I use that word loosely because I don't want to spoil the story for those who have not read this series yet.  You have a great good guys and bad guys storyline in this series and it was great fun trying to figure out who was who.  OK so there's nothing really complicated with this but I just went into this to have some fun and I most certainly did. 

What I didn't like about this series...    I would have loved to have had more surprise in this series.  I had already anticipated how the story would go before I got there at every turn.   I would have loved for something to have been unexpected to completely throw me off my place.  I had hoped it might happen but that hope did not come to much I am afraid.  There were times also that I got a bit frustrated with the main character Nora.  Despite the obvious actions that need to be taken at certain points, she seems to do the exact opposite and get herself in even more trouble than she was before and she could have avoided it completely if she had thought about what she was doing before she did it.












0 comments: